Readers ask: How To Read Basketball Stats?
- 1 How do you read NBA stats?
- 2 What do the stats mean in basketball?
- 3 What is +/- in basketball box score?
- 4 What is a 3 3PM game?
- 5 What is G in NBA stats?
- 6 What does 6 mean in basketball?
- 7 What does F mean in basketball?
- 8 How is NBA +/- calculated?
- 9 Why is it called a box score?
- 10 Can you get a field goal in basketball?
- 11 How does the NBA ladder work?
- 12 Who has the worst plus/minus in the NBA?
How do you read NBA stats?
Every player is listed for both teams (with the starters listed first) and their statistics in each category next to their name.
- MIN = Minutes.
- FGM = Field-goals made.
- FGA = Field-goals attempted.
- FG% = Field goal percentage.
- 3PM = 3-pointers made.
- 3PA = 3-pointers attempted.
- 3P% = 3-point percentage.
- FTM = Free throws made.
What do the stats mean in basketball?
Plus/Minus (PM): The PM stat is “Plus/Minus”, and reflects how the team did while that player is on the court. If a player has a +5 PM, it means his team outscored the opponent by 5 points while he was on the court. If he has a -3, then the opposing team outscored his team by 3 points while he was on the court.
What is +/- in basketball box score?
Plus-Minus, a.k.a. +/-, simply keeps track of the net changes in the score when a given player is either on or off the court. The NBA has been publishing plus-minus values in official box scores since the 2007-2008 season.
What is a 3 3PM game?
3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made. FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made.
What is G in NBA stats?
GM, GP; GS: games played; games started. PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage.
What does 6 mean in basketball?
This refers to the player who is usually the first substitute called off the bench during the game. This player is usually the best player on the team who is not in the starting lineup. A basketball team’s starting lineup consists of five players, hence the “sixth man” is the first man who’s not in the starting lineup.
What does F mean in basketball?
1 Center (C) 1 Flex Forward (F) – Both power forward and small forward players qualify. 1 Flex Guard (G) – Both point guard and shooting guard players qualify. 1 Point Guard (PG)
How is NBA +/- calculated?
+/- – the plus/minus statistic is a measure of the point differential when players are in and out of a game. It is calculated by taking the difference in the score when the player enters the game and subtracting it from the score when the player exits the game.
Why is it called a box score?
1. A detailed summary of actions or an event, as in The President wanted to base his reelection campaign on his box score. The term comes from baseball, where since about 1910 it has signified a statistical summary in table form of the essential details of a game.
Can you get a field goal in basketball?
In basketball, a field goal is a basket scored on any shot or tap other than a free throw, worth two or three points depending on the distance of the attempt from the basket. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar holds the NBA record for field goals made in a career with 15,837.
How does the NBA ladder work?
Teams 1 to 4 in each conference are the three division winners and the team with the next best regular-season record, with the seeding of these four teams determined by regular-season record. The playoffs seedings of Teams 5 to 8 are based upon regular-season record.
Who has the worst plus/minus in the NBA?
Manny Harris has the lowest plus-minus in a game, at -57 versus the Lakers on January 11, 2011.