What Is A Quadruple Double In Basketball?
- 1 How many quadruple doubles have there been in the NBA?
- 2 Who has had a quintuple-double in the NBA?
- 3 What is a quadruple-double NBA?
- 4 Has there ever been a 20 20 20 game?
- 5 Who holds the record for the longest suspension in NBA history?
- 6 Did Larry Bird ever get a quadruple-double?
- 7 Did Nate Thurmond get a quadruple-double?
- 8 What is a 5 by 5 in NBA?
- 9 Did Shaq get a triple double?
- 10 Who has the first quadruple-double?
How many quadruple doubles have there been in the NBA?
While double-doubles and triple-doubles occur regularly each NBA season, only four quadruple-doubles have ever officially been recorded in the NBA, and a quintuple-double has never officially been recorded at the professional, collegiate, or even high school boys’ level.
Who has had a quintuple-double in the NBA?
Wilt Chamberlain, on March 18th, 1968, completed the only quintuple-double in NBA history. This is odd because the league officially began recording blocks in 1973, nearly 5 years later. Our only source of information for this feat is Harvey Pollack, a statistician working for the NBA since its inaugural year.
What is a quadruple-double NBA?
A quadruple-double is defined as a performance in which a player accumulates a double digit number total in four of five statistical categories-points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots -in a game.
Has there ever been a 20 20 20 game?
This is the only 20-20-20 that is officially recorded by Wilt Chamberlain. One of the craziest stat lines of Wilt Chamberlain was a quintuple-double because he had five double-digit stats. This man was unbelievable back in the time.
Who holds the record for the longest suspension in NBA history?
Among those suspended, Metta Sandiford-Artest (then Ron Artest) and Latrell Sprewell faced the most serious punishments for on-court altercations; they were suspended 86 and 68 games, respectively.
Did Larry Bird ever get a quadruple-double?
Larry Bird had 30 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists and 9 steals for the Celtics to come within one steal of recording a quadruple-double as Boston beat the Utah Jazz, 110-94, at Salt Lake City. But, when informed of his opportunity, Bird chose not to go back into the game after being taken out in the third quarter.
Did Nate Thurmond get a quadruple-double?
The day Nate Thurmond became first NBA player to complete a quadruple -double.
What is a 5 by 5 in NBA?
5X5’s in NBA history. a 5X5 is when a Player record 5 catagories with atleast 5 things in each catagory. IE 5 points, 5 assist, 5 blocks, 5 rebounds, and 5 steals.
Did Shaq get a triple double?
Shaquille O’Neal had a triple-double against the New Jersey Nets on November 20, 1993.
Who has the first quadruple-double?
1. Nate Thurmond. Thurmond will forever be the first man to achieve a quadruple-double, doing so on the very first game of the 1974 season as his Chicago Bulls faced the Atlanta Hawks. Thurmond recorded 22 points, 14 rebounds, 13 assists, and 12 blocks.